To empower students to become future-ready and positively impact the world.
Our mission is to provide an equitable education for all students to be prepared for college and/or a viable career path for a successful life.
Portrait of a Graduate
The Portrait of a Graduate is the District’s vision for the 21st century skills, character traits, and/or social-emotional competencies that students need to succeed in college, career, and life. The six competencies are:
1. ALWAYS START WITH WHY
Please continue to reflect on why you are an educator. We know what we do, but why we do it is so much more important.
2. HAVE GOOD MANNERS
We are all ambassadors for this district, we must make a good impression and be aware of other mindsets when working in our community.
3. LISTEN TO UNDERSTAND
One of the biggest problems with communication is that we listen to give a response. Practice empathy and share in the feelings of your students, parents and staff.
4. ARE PERSONALLY AND COLLECTIVELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ACTIONS AND OUTCOMES
Take pride in your accomplishments and learn from your failures.
5. INTEND TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND COLLABORATIVE
Utilize your professional learning communities, continue to practice teamwork to solve problems in a successful manner.
6. ACT IN A PROFESSIONAL AND AUTHENTIC MANNER
Be reliable, respectful, true to yourself and pay attention to how you treat others.
7. MAINTAIN PERSONAL BALANCE AND POSITIVE MENTAL HEALTH
Be reminded of your physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual needs. Take time for your personal life to be a balanced and successful leader.
8. ARE LEADERS AND ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY AND SACRIFICE — ENSURING EQUITY FOR ALL!
Being a leader is not about the power, leadership is about creating change, improvement, and making the sacrifices needed to get the job done.
10. ENHANCE COMMUNITY THROUGH ACTION
It takes a village to raise a child.” Band together with your parent groups, staff and students to take ownership of the goals of your school community.
11. HAVE FUN!
Happy employees are much more likely to be motivated, have less stress and perform better at their jobs.
Goal 1: Promote academic growth for every student.
- Improve the Distance From Standard (DFS) in grades 3-8 and 11 Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) English Language Arts (ELA) and Math by 10% of the DFS.
- Decrease the Learning Loss percentage by 10% as measured by the first grading period compared to the last grading period.
- Increase the status of the English Learner Progress Indicator (ELPI) by 2% annually.
Goal 2: Establish college and career readiness for every student.
- Progressively increase the A-G course completion rate to 65% with an emphasis on African American, Hispanic, English Learner and Special Education student groups.
- Attain a 50% Advanced Placement (AP) qualifying score rate of 3+ for all participating students with an emphasis on African American and Hispanic students.
- Increase the High School Readiness indicator by 10% annually.
Goal 3: Ensure equitable opportunities for every student.
- Progressively increase high school graduation rates to 100% for all students with an emphasis on African American, Hispanic English Learner and Special Education student groups as measured by the California School Dashboard.
- Increase English Learners’ reclassification rate by 2% annually.
- Attain a 85% FAFSA Completion Rate.
- Decrease high school dropout rate by 2% annually with an emphasis on African, Hispanic, English Learner and Special Education student groups.
Goal 4: Provide a safe, welcoming, respectful and rigorous learning environment for every member of the school community.
- Decrease high school dropout rate by 2% annually with an emphasis on African American, Hispanic, English Learner and Special Education student groups.
- Decrease suspension rate for Foster Youth and African American students by 2% annually
- Meet or exceed 95% attendance rate for all students
- Decrease chronic absenteeism for all students by 2% annually.
Goal 5: Support effective communication throughout the district.
- 95% of parents/guardians actively access Q Parent Connection Portal
- Increase the percent of parents/guardians that are meeting the 5 annual hours of parent engagement by th e 5% annually.